Friday, September 15, 2006

Blog Envy

I've come to discover I need to stop envying (is that a word) everyone elses blog. Im new at this but every single blog I visit seems to look better? than mine. Hmm wonder if I have low blog esteem HE HE. I remember taking some HTML course somewhere but nothing seems to sit where I want to put it. Do they have blogs for dummys? Enough whining. Finally friday and thank god. My students seem to be falling into a pace that they are comfortable, LOUD LOUD LOUD, but comfortable. They have big hearts and loud voices. I guess I would rather have it that way instead of the other. We are starting a service project which involves two knitting machines, TONS of walmart brand yarn and hopefully, in my demented hopeful mind, lots of blankets for the homeless of our community. My teaching partners mom let us use her knitting machine in our class and I think it will be a great opportunity for these inner city kids to learn a bit of hand work. They are very curious at this point and can't wait to get started. The noise of the BOND will fade into the background of their ambitious voices. We also spent 150 dollars at the pet store to stock our classroom with some pets. An albino pacman frog named Bob and 5 (oops 4) gold fish. One pulled a Nemo and tried to escape through the filter. Yeah they are small. PIctures to follow. I have one more little tank and we should be adding one more fish and an apple snail in a few weeks. I am thrilled that my attitude about my class is getting better. I would hate to think Im burned out after just 5 years. Think happy classroom thoughts. I also spent about an hour teaching my little girls in the neighbor hood how to crochet. That was a journey also. They are also very loud but their "I can do it, Mrs. Jeanne" fuels my desire to push on. More pictures of them also. Well it's mommy night, no kids , no hubby JUST ME AND CHINESE FOOD. Yipee.. maybe starting a new project. JUST WHAT I NEED!

No comments: