Sunday, September 03, 2006

Labor Day


It's the first holiday of the school year for us teachers and a great time to organize my STUFF! I can't believe how many projects are laying around here waiting to get worked on. I've also been trying to get this blog thing up and running. I've been working also on some new colorways. I got a couple of great new colors of Country Classic Dyes, Scarlet and Pumpkin. I combined them with maize and came up with the Burning Leaves . I am also in the process of designing a scarf with leave motifs to accentuate it. There are so many differnet e-zines out there that publishing new designers ideas that I figured it was time to jump into the fray. The only question I have is if I use pattern designs from books that someone has written can I call the final design my own. I've searched and cannot find any information on this. Any readers have ideas that would be great. Here is the final BURNING LEAVES skein. Notice the leaves that the little girls in the neighborhood added to the picture. I can't believe how close I got to the actual color of the maple?? leaves that are starting to turn and fall. My house has become the hangout for the young girls in the neighborhood. "Miss Jeanne" as I am called is the place to go to make new things :) Thats good because my beautiful daughters don't think mom is much of interest anymore since cheerleading and boys have entered the arena.

No comments: