Sunday, September 17, 2006

LACE, bad idea?

I decided after reading the lastest Interweave knits I needed to experience lace knitting. There is a pattern Swallowtail shawl from the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits. It's pretty and rather small so I can use it for a scarf without feeling "grannyish" at work. (Please no offense to those who feel comfortable with shawls in public.) Im working up to it.:) Here is where I am with the project. Im in the first part of the pattern in which you have to do 14 repeats of 6 rows. AWESOME. I was going to finish it tonite and get going on the lower edge. Knitting away, listening to football, FOR THE 12th *^&!$# hour (Sorry honey) and it all goes to heck. I changed repeats in the middle of the row, dropped about 15 stitches and had no idea about fixing it. I was this close to dumping the whole project but my perfectionist attitude kicked in. I spent (can you say it loud) almost 2 hours fixing it. Needless to say I won't be working on the border rows tonite. I think part of the problem was that I am working with super slippery SHARP needles. Normally I use bamboo. Major change. I am enjoying it however, and can't wait to get to the blocking.

No comments: