Monday, September 18, 2006

Remember the alpaca that I was so nuts about in the Wi sheep and wool post? well it's full of matts?? I finally got so frustrated I used my drum carder to smooth everything out and I am totally in love. It floats when it's drafted and I have a project in mind already. I finished one bobbin and am working on the second but as thin as it is it takes for ever. As you can see there is a lot VG material in this yarn and I hoping that I can get it worked out through spinning plying and washing. I loved this so much I bought 8 oz of raw alpaca from a farm in PA. I swear if I keep buying more fiber I'll be spinning in my grave. Hubby is ready to exchange me for a cheaper model. I always tell my students that clothes to me are things to keep me from being naked. If they really knew the truth, I could care less about fashion as long as I have beautiful soft fiber to play with.

Another project I am currently working on is an afghan from Lion Yarns. It's a circular pattern that changes color every 14 rows. It's huge and it needs tons of needle space but here is the rub, my sister, whom I adore just finished a rec room in her basement and the color I chose look STUNNING in her room. Guess who is getting the afghan for Christmas. NOT ME! Here is another picture of the sock kit I bought from sheep and wool. I finished one the other night and am suffering from SSS (Second Sock Syndrom) I've mastered the pattern so the challenge is over. I am always having this problem which is my I have so many UFO's in the house. but here is the sock anyway. No comments about the "fluffy leg" in the picture. Tried to get Darling daughter to pose but she was way to busy. AS USUAL .(**okay, having trouble with more pictures. I'll add it tomorrow when blogpsot likes me again) To be continued.......

No comments: