Thursday, October 05, 2006

Secret Pal #9 Questionaire

Please forgive the typos, I am pretty new at blogging and am having trouble with the hard returns and checking the spelling :)
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I am all about knitting with natural fibers, but don't really care for cotton. So I guess that leaves wool and silk and any combination thereof. I do use acrylic with my students at school for their CTC comforts projects as it is inexpensive and wears well.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?I recently learned how to weave baskets. Yeah I know like I don't have anything else to do. and I designed a needle holder with a cover for my needles. Not completely effective but I am still working on the greatest needle holder ever. Circulars are a pain.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?I would say advanced. I am beginning to design my own patterns but fear of failing at it sorta stops me at the thinking part. Love lace, cables, and textures, colors. I guess you could say I do it all.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, I just throw everthing in the shopping cart and let it simmer, then decide what is important. I guess it would be a good idea for my family also. Hmmm...planning to head to Amazon soon.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)Favorite scents are spice and vanilla based. I also love sandlewood.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? LOVE CHOCOLATE, what can I say.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Oh man do I spin. In the last year I bought two wheels and a disgusting amount of wool, and silk fiber. Im courting a new love of raw alpaca fiber and just bought some cashmere 2 oz. (let's not get crazy) fiber for a special gift for my mom.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love new age environmental music. I have unmedicated ADHD so anything that is soothing and calm. I play a good deal of this type of music in my classroom and the kids love it. I also love the sounds of thunder storms..
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love the colors of autumn and blues.Seriously, colors from the forest, black , browns, tan, greens, rusty orange, yellow, reds, etc. You get the picture.
10. What is your family situation? Does crazy loud and loving explain it, twin 15 year old daughters, Darling husband who tolerates all the fluffy stuff. A mom and sister who share my love of fiber based art. Do you have any pets?Yes, I have two cats, Riley (f) and Tyler (m) and a dog Toby, (m)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?Love scarves and mittens, the others... not so much because I hate hat head and about ponchos, I have made two and I actually wear them so I guess that is a yes also :)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I have been knitting smaller items with the occasional sweater. Hats, Mittens, Scarves and socks. Most items are made with dk to light worsted homespun.
13. What are you knitting right now? I am working on the Fuzzy Recptions Sweater from knitpicks. It's Lime Green and double stranded. 1 of alpaca and one of merino. SO DARN SOFT! Umm two pairs of socks, Just finsihed the swallowtail shawl from Interweave Knitters Magazine, Umm let's see Mittens I designed with a matching hat I HATE for my niece, will be froggin that one!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?Love homemade gifts almost as much I like to make and give them. Something special about knowing the person thought about you while you were creating.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? LOVE LOVE LOVE circular bamboo needles but have recently purchased a set of Denise Resin because I get frustrated with the organization of the crazy needles. I also seem to lose one. I also realized that bamboo is not great for lace. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?I have a yarn winder and my father is making me a swift from some amazing hardwood. I can't wait to receive it because it will be something I cherish forever
17. How old is your oldest UFO?probably a cable sweater that I started about 7 or 8 years ago and since lost the pattern and don't think I could have figured it out if I knew where the pattern is.
18. What is your favorite holiday?Christmas, far and away. Im like a little girl and again a chance to share gifts with others.
19. Is there anything that you collect?I collect turtles and snowmen
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? There is a book out there about designing aran sweaters. That would be great to have because I would love to spin, design and knit my own. Im intimidated by trying to do it on my own. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?I love Interweave knitters magazine and Spin off - I read them cover to cover to cover. Over and over.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?I would like to learn enterlac, it looks really cool but very hard. Have done some modular type knitting and love it.
22. Are you a sock knitter? YES YES YES, but not little string socks. Sport or heavier as those tiny needles make me crazy. What are your foot measurements? 9" inches long, 9 inches wide at widest part (dang that sounds huge) I just have wide feet. NO, they are not square :)
23. When is your birthday? 04/04/1966)

No comments: